08 January 2011

Good luck to NetRoots - only my own incompetence means I can't be there

I think the NetRoots UK conference in London today could be the start of something really big.... so big, in fact, that I wasn't actually able to get a ticket! I left it far too late and they had allocated all the 400 or so spaces by then. But this is a very exciting opportunity for left activists, bloggers, students, trade unions, and other civil society groups to get together and map out a campaigning strategy against the cuts and the extremism of the Tory-led government. Hopefully if there are some people from the Labour party there as well, NetRoots can show them how it should be done.

Much of the conference will be webcasted and liveblogged so if you haven't got a ticket, you can still see what went on. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I am going to the Fabian Society new year conference next year - keynote speaker Ed Miliband - which is at least some consolation.

2 comments:

Weaser said...

Right prediction for the wrong byelection!

weaser said...

(Ooops. Right comment, wrong post...)