07 January 2007

Hal finally bellyflops on to the Dilate Choonz blog

It's about that time... after spending 9 months pissing about 'getting round to' posting a contribution to the Dilated Choonz audio blog, I've finally managed to post a track from From Within, a classic 1990s ambient techno collaboration between Pete Namlook (mentioned in a post a couple of months back) and the Canadian techno genius Richie Hawtin. OK so it's not Aliens in My Suitcase, but I think many people will be somewhat relieved at that.

Dilate Choonz has been on the giroscope blogroll since day one and for anyone who likes damn fine tune after damn fine tune in a broadly dance-orientated direction, it's a surefire winner - do check it out.

Managing to post on an audio blog would not be a sufficiently big deal to most bloggers to warrant a post, but most people aren't as lazy as me. Techno strategist Al De Raan is even lazier, which is why none of his long-awaited tunes have been finished yet - but we are told it will be any day soon now, so I am ready with the MP3 player. Today I also managed to build a compost bin out of wooden pallets that we got from a couple of guys who were building an extension to their house, so it's been a very productive day. But I won't start telling you too much about that, or before long I'll be writing posts about how I left my keys at work and had to borrow a set from my parents to get into the house. And we don't want that, do we??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, as a self-confessed compost-nerd, that's exactly the sort of posting I am interested in. Adelante, compost companero!

T.N.T. said...

Great stuff... I will have to do another post specifically on the compost bin soon!